Its been proven that students must be active during the day to maintain quality health during school hours. Physical education has also proven to keep healthier school environments. Teachers and administrators must make sure that their current PE program meets their state’s standards.
Here are five reasons physical education is important in youth education:
1. PE class teaches students to be healthy and fit–it builds healthier eating habits as well.
2. Physical education improves concentration and helps the mind develop, while gaining experience of common sports.
3. It decreases anxiety and stress–students also tend to behave better.
4. Friendships get created amongst the students–self-discipline and good judgment are all learned.
5. Improves self-esteem and self-confidence.